Who do we talk to on the SDA journey?

As a Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) provider, InPlace Living focus on the individual journey of everyone who lives in or enquires about one of our properties. As part of the journey, we connect with as many members of a person’s support team as necessary and possible – this ensures we are catering accommodation to the individual and meeting all support requirements.

A few members of a person’s support team we may connect with are:

Support Coordinator:

A person’s Support Coordinator is usually the primary contact we direct communication through for required supporting documentation, progress through the enquiry stages, updates on build timelines and connecting with other members of a person’s support team. We work together to navigate SDA eligibility, correct funding and confirm required supports.

Communicating with both the person and their Support Coordinator helps us understand the bigger picture of someone’s individual journey.

Allied Health Professionals:

InPlace Living connect with Allied Health Professionals (AHP) such as:

Occupational Therapist:

Occupational Therapists (OT) will assist to better determine what design considerations need to be included during the building phase to ensure a dwelling can meet the person’s specific support requirements. These things could include dwelling layout, any required assistive technology and other features in line with an OT Assessment.

Behavior Specialist Practitioner:

We will connect with a person’s Behavior Specialist Practitioner where relevant to assist in understanding the specific accommodation requirements needed as part of their Behavior Support Plan (BSP), which can include modifications to the house or property.


We can connect with a family member(s), guardian or advocate which helps us get an even better understanding of the person. A family member/guardian may also assist with documentation and to support decision making with the person.

SIL Provider:

It’s important InPlace Living maintain regular communication with Supported Independent Living (SIL) providers to ensure we are both working toward the common goal of providing ongoing safe and appropriate accommodation and support for the person.

Call our Relationship and Engagement Team on 03 8639 0131 or email us at info@inplaceliving.com.au to learn more about how we can assist in a person’s accommodation journey. We look forward to hearing from you!

Other blog posts

What is the difference between High Physical Support and Fully Accessible Categories

Find out more about the difference between High Physical Support and Fully Accessible.
Read post

Understanding the basics of SDA

Learn about what Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) is, its design categories and the different building types in this informative and easy to read blog.
Read post

How SDA can enrich your life

InPlace Living designs and develops Specialist Disability Accommodation to give people greater choice when it comes to where and how they live.
Read post

Are You Ready to get your SDA InPlace?

Enquire Now